the name for my collected freelance audio endeavors. While being a musician and music enthusiast my whole life, I only began composing and producing music for television and film in 2007. My work has been featured in a growing list of short and feature length films, some of which have taken home awards from various film festivals domestically and abroad. Additionally, I have composed and produced music for television commercials, non-profit groups, musical artists nationwide, as well as many pieces selling successfully on royalty free websites. My compositions encompass many genres and styles, perfectly suited to the extremes of cinema or for those projects seeking a fresh, dynamic voice. My work is dedicated to recognizing and realizing the full potential of music and sound in a given project.
My work is dedicated to recognizing and realizing the full potential of music and sound in a given project. Whether sound functions as a focal point, or to reinforce an extramusical idea, my intentions remain the same. While the term “progress notes” has medical connotations, I have chosen it as the name of my operation for its literal meaning. It is one thing to embrace methods that have proved successful in the past, but it’s quite another to become complacent in them. Now more than ever, with information permeating the masses at unprecedented rates, it is crucial to increase the versatility of an undertaking with an innovative and progressive approach. The potential that resides in each element must be realized, because it just might be those details that put your project over the top.
- Thomas Hogan
I have scored or contributed music to such award winning films as :
- Awarded “Best International Short” at the 2011 Milan International Film Festival
- Featured in the 2011 Cannes Short Film Corner
- Awarded “Official Selection” at the 2011 Waterfront Film FestivalLARS
- Nominated for “Best Original Score” at the 2010 L.A. Reel Film Festival
- Awarded “Best Feature Honorable Mention” at the 2010 L.A. Reel Film Festival
- Awarded “Best Feature Film North America” at the 2010 International Film Festival IrelandFORGE
- Featured at the 2010 Thriller Chiller Festival
- Awarded “Official Selection” at the 2009 High Desert Shorts International Film FestivalBoxing Will